Children in Ionia County are healthy, eager, and prepared to succeed in school and life.
The ICGSC will develop a seamless system of care that utilizes community resources and supports to help our families have access to the tools needed to provide a healthy start for all children birth to kindergarten entry.
The purpose of the collaborative is to:
- Develop an on-going coordinated system of community resources and supports to assist all Ionia County families in providing a Great Start for their children from birth to kindergarten entry according to the Early Childhood Outcomes established by the Michigan Office of Great Start.
- Assist the local ICGSC Director in accomplishing early childhood related tasks, goals and objectives to improve the local system of early childhood related programs and services.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a local early childhood and parent focused strategic and action plan based on a local needs assessment.
- Implement recommendations.
- Encourage, facilitate and support parent engagement in participation and leadership roles.
- Assist in engaging philanthropic, faith-based, public, private and legislative support, including fund development and advocacy.