The Ionia County Great Start Family Coalition is an organization of parents, grandparents, and caregivers that work to give the community a voice to advocate for the needs of all families in Ionia County. We advocate, educate, and communicate about the importance of health, safety, and school readiness for all children in Ionia County.
Children in Ionia County are healthy, eager, and prepared to succeed in school and life.
The Family Coalition is an organization of family members that work to give the community a voice to advocate for the needs of all families in Ionia County.
What we do
The Ionia County Family Coalition is a grassroots organization that
shares families’, children’s, and community voices with the Ionia
County Great Start Collaborative (ICGSC) board and to the rest of the
- Advocating for the importance of early childhood issues.
- Helping community partners better understand the needs and concerns of all families in our community.
- Educating and supporting parents and caregivers about the importance of school readiness.
- Making community connections.
Ways to get involved
- Attend and participate in Great Start Collaborative meetings.
- Help plan and support the Great Start Family Coalition and Great Start Collaborative activities and events.
- Share information about Ionia County Great Start through your circle of friends, family, and community members.
- Offer feedback about your experiences.
Benefits of joining
- Being a voice of change
- Training opportunities
- Building knowledge and skills
- Improving services and support for families
- Opening doors for employment opportunities
- Networking with families and service providers
We are looking for a group of dedicated parents and caregivers to work closely with our Family Liaison to help plan and implement our community outreach projects, attend ICGSC Board and Committee Meetings, and assist with different events in the community. If you are interested in making a difference, click on the link below!